Monday, April 29, 2013

Art and Faith

Makoto Fujimura
This is our last Artist model for this year, but it is the one I am most excited about sharing with all my Apprentice with the Masters Art Class students!

Makoto Fujimura,  is an artist that really inspires me. I have never been a big fan of abstract art but his artwork is gentle and resonates with such tradition and beauty that I can't help but look at it. It speaks to my heart. He is a modern abstract or non-representational artist with the heart that follows Christ.  Watch this video to learn about how he is bringing together believers and non-believers with this art. My prayer is that you will do the same thing with your own artwork! You can find out more about him at Artsy HERE

One of the letter tiles used in the Four Gospels

Inside the Four Gospels -The Book of John

Charis-Kairos   The Tears of Christ

Please watch this video of Makoto's latest work, entitled Golden Sea. My heart was captivated by his story and this painting's beauty!



No comments:

Post a Comment